The Ring

I asked Saturn
Where had his ring gone.
But the Great Silent One,
So high and so mighty,
Summoned me to give back
The ring I never had,
Threatening to slay me
Unless he recovered what was his.

I ran to Neptune
To enquire of the whereabouts of the ring.
He said: “Go ask the Moon
Or her friend Pierrot.
And as he couldn't care less,
He dived back under water
Splashing all over
Saying no more word.

And since I didn't know where to look
Nor which God to turn to,
And since none would help,
I felt rather confused.

I turned to Chiro
To find out about the ring.
He said: “Go ask Sauron
Or his enemy Bilbo.
And suddenly, I remembered
What happened to the bloody precious
Someone eventually found
And threw into the fire.

About this piece

© La Pensine Mutine. All rights reserved. Reproduction prohibited.

Share:

No comments:

Featured Post

The Panther of the Lake

It's almost Halloween. On this occasion, I intended to repost an article by Alanna Ketler about what black cats actually symbolise and ...

Recent Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *