Where the Streets Have Funny Names

Unnamed Street: I imagine that neither the houses on this street do
have numbers. So much fun for the postman!
Slippery Cobble Street: Previously called Wet Causeway Street, it had to
be renamed in May '68 after all the cobbles (except one) had been taken off.
Lighter Way: One of the only places in town not having
any lights at night. I wonder why...1
Fool Galore Street: Just as its name suggests, it's a stupid street.2

Endnotes

  1. ^ The signpost on the right says “Fire Access”.
  2. ^ “Pavée d'andouilles” also means “covered with andouilles” which are sausages made of chitterlings.

© La Pensine Mutine. All rights reserved. Reproduction prohibited.

subscribe
Share:

No comments:

Guestbook

If you enjoy this blog, feel free to leave a comment in my guestbook.

Newsletter

Subscribe to my newsletter so you don’t miss any new posts..

Featured Post

The Missing 'I' of AI

AI: everyone knows what this acronym stands for by now. Since the introduction of ‘chatbots’, artificial intelligence has permeated ...

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *