The Farthest Shore

I spent hours on this graphic and I'm very proud of the result. I designed it with Paint Shop Pro using external filters such as Flaming Pear Flood to generate water and animation programs such as Sqirlz Water Reflections and Animation Shop. I was inspired by Ursula K. Le Guin's Earthsea series she started in the 1960's and completed at the dawn of the 21st century. Earthsea is a vast archipelago of hundreds of islands of various sizes — a medieval world where magic is omnipresent and based on knowlege of the name of people and things. The above scene features Tenar — ex-high priestress in the service of the Nameless Ones and keeper of the Tombs of Atuan, fred from her charge by Ged the wizard (now Archmage) while still a young girl — twenty years from then, waiting for her beloved to come back from his dangerous quest in the land of the dead in the attempt to restore balance among the living.

© La Pensine Mutine. All rights reserved. Reproduction prohibited.

subscribe
Share:

No comments:

Guestbook

If you enjoy this blog, feel free to leave a comment in my guestbook.

Newsletter

Subscribe to my newsletter so you don’t miss any new posts..

Featured Post

The Armies of Closed Minds

As the late French comedian Coluche used to say, “ You can’t make people blind without breaking their eyes ”. Personally, I prefer ...

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *