The Fall

All the lies told
To light
Surely will come
Someday soon.

All the trust trampled
Underfoot
Surely will call
Forth doom.

Twilight casts on my wall
All the shades of your soul
And lest you might fall
I will stand as your hold.

Alight,
My love will burn through the night
And bright,
My heart will yield all its might.

Hold on tight,
I will not let you down
Until the night
Carries you through to dawn.

I will be your bridge
Across gaping chasms
And you will be my ridge
Over stormy heavens.

Although eternal,
Should your soul
Ever come to fall,
I surely would die.

© La Pensine Mutine. All rights reserved. Reproduction prohibited.

Share:

No comments:

Featured Post

The Panther of the Lake

It's almost Halloween. On this occasion, I intended to repost an article by Alanna Ketler about what black cats actually symbolise and ...

Recent Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *