Post-Seasonal Treats

So you think I'm a bit late with my truffle recipe? Since when do you need a special occasion to treat yourself! Especially with healthy low-cal quick-and easy-to-make treats. Just ignore calendar dates and enjoy my chocolate dates instead. Tested and approved by a bunch of gourmands I love so much and to whom I dedicate this recipe.

Ingredients

Makes about 20 truffles:

- 250 g fresh dates
- 4 tablespoons raw cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup (or honey)
- grated coconut

Instructions

Pit dates then mix to a toffee-like sticky dough.

Add cocoa and agave syrup and mix again to an homogeneous dough.

Chill for 15 minutes then make small balls and roll them into grated cocoa.

Store in a box in the fridge.

NOTE: If you're using dried dates, soak them a few hours in boiling water before mixing. You may also roll truffles in cocoa, almond or hazelnut powder. In the same fashion, you may divide the dough in several part and add a different flavour to each such as vanilla, rum or Grand Marnier.

Enjoy!

© La Pensine Mutine. All rights reserved. Reproduction prohibited.

subscribe
Share:

No comments:

Guestbook

If you enjoy this blog, feel free to leave a comment in my guestbook.

Newsletter

Subscribe to my newsletter so you don’t miss any new posts..

Featured Post

The Armies of Closed Minds

As the late French comedian Coluche used to say, “ You can’t make people blind without breaking their eyes ”. Personally, I prefer ...

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *