Watching the Wheels

People say I'm crazy doing what I'm doing,
Well they give me all kinds of warnings to save me from ruin.
When I say that I'm OK they look at me kind of strange
“Surely you're not happy now you no longer play the game.”

People say I'm lazy dreaming my life away,
Well they give me all kinds of advice designed to enlighten me.
When I tell that I'm doing fine watching shadows on the wall,
“Don't you miss the big time boy you're no longer on the ball?”

I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round.
I really love to watch them roll,
No longer riding on the merry-go-round,
I just had to let it go.

People asking questions lost in confusion,
Well I tell them there's no problem, only solutions.
Well they shake their heads and they look at me as if I've lost my mind.
I tell them “There's no hurry, I'm just sitting here doing time.”

I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round.
I really love to watch them roll,
No longer riding on the merry-go-round,
I just had to let it go.

Original text by JOHN LENNON

subscribe
Share:

No comments:

Guestbook

If you enjoy this blog, feel free to leave a comment in my guestbook.

Newsletter

Subscribe to my newsletter so you don’t miss any new posts..

Featured Post

The Missing 'I' of AI

AI: everyone knows what this acronym stands for by now. Since the introduction of ‘chatbots’, artificial intelligence has permeated ...

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *