Listen

It's time we saw a miracle,
Come on it's time for something biblical
To pull us through.
And this is the end —
This is the end of the world!
Proclaim eternal victory,
Come on and change the course of history...

"Apocalypse Please", Muse (2003)

It's been a long time coming, but here we are with our backs against the wall. Whatever the cause of this health crisis and what's actually behind it, we have well and truly come to the crunch and we simply cannot stay in between. Humanity has to make a choice. Every human being, whatever their condition, age, social status, has to make a choice. A choice between two opposites. Fear or love. Either the fear born out of the illusion of separation and that you need to fight for survival and get sucked because there's not enough for everyone. Or the love that will give you the strength and patience you need to overcome this storm in a space of quiet and loving kindness, doing your best to appease, comfort and support those of your peers caught in the crossfire. Sadly, some will sink. But they had it coming by pure choice. I don't think you can turn all of a sudden into a selfish, irresponsible and irreverent savage beast, as seen now, just because you are afraid. That's when we are going for huge surprises and find out the real stuff we are all made of. Courage, as someone I forgot the name once said, is not the absence of fear, but overcoming your fear. And the only thing that can overcome fear is love. Love in a broader sense than the actual meaning usually presented to us. It doesn't matter much how you define it, seek and you shall find it within you, and then you'll know. I am not going to feed the egregore therefore I shall keep my upcoming articles as intended and try to add more positive stuff in those to come next. Actually, I'm not looking for articles, articles find me. So if some find it shocking, I'm sorry but we'll do without your permission and your outraged comments. Actually, those being irresponsible are the ones who insist you should be scared or else... Or else what? (Thank you Jo for sending me this video).

Ey@el

STOP.
Just stop.
Don't move.
I't's not a request anymore, it's an obligation.
I'm here to help you.

This supersonic rollercoaster ran out of its rails and can't go on any further.
Stop the planes, trains, schools, shopping malls, gatherings.
We broke the frenetic vortex of illusions and obligations that stopped you from looking at the sky.
Look at the stars, listen to the sea, let yourself be rocked by the chirping of birds.
Roll in the grass,
Pick an apple from the tree,
Smile to an animal in the woods,
Breathe the mountain,
Listen to your common sense.

We had to break it.
You can't play God.
Our obligations are mutual as they've always been, even though you've forgotten.
We'll now stop this broadcast, these endless cacophonous sounds of separations and distractions to tell you this:
We're not okay, no one us is, we're all suffering.

Last year, the firestorms that set the lungs of the earth on fire did not stop you, nor did the melting of the poles, or your sinking cities, or the simple acknowledgment of being the sole responsible for the sixth mass extinction.
You didn't listen to me.
It is difficult to listen while being so busy struggling to climb higher and higher on the scaffolding of the comforts you are creating for yourself.
Now the foundations are crumbling, they're collapsing under the weight of your fictitious desires.
I'll help you. I'll light the firestorms inside your body, I'll drown your lungs, I'll isolate you like a polar bear on a melting iceberg. Will you listen to me then?

We're not okay.
I'm not your enemy, I'm just a messenger, I'm an ally, I'm the force that will rebalance everything.
Now you have to listen to me, I'm screaming for you to stop.
Stop.
Hush and listen.

Now look up at the sky, how is it?
There are no more aeroplanes. How healthy do you need to be to enjoy the oxygen you breathe?
Look at the ocean, how is it?
Look at the rivers, how are they?
Look at the earth, how is she?
Now look at yourself, how do you feel?
You cannot be healthy in a sick ecosystem.

Stop.
Many people are afraid now.
Don't demonize your fear, don't let it control you.
Let it speak to you. Listen to the wise words it has to say.
Learn to smile with your eyes.
I will help you... if you're willing to listen.

Original text by DARINKA MONTICO translated from Italian by ROBERTO GALLANDT

Share:

No comments:

Featured Post

The Panther of the Lake

It's almost Halloween. On this occasion, I intended to repost an article by Alanna Ketler about what black cats actually symbolise and ...

Recent Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *