Revolution

Révolution

My young sister's scared,
She's torn all her dolls to rags.
My young sister's scared,
She's burnt all her notebooks to ashes.

My young sister's crying,
She's had her intimacy touched.
Our parents are separated,
There's nothing she can do inside her tin box.

And I know she's realised
What her life will be,
That any odd time
She could...
She could throw it all away.

My two brothers are at war,
Fully-armed by what lies ahead.
My two elder brothers are at war
Against the universe and the whole world.

And I don't know what else to do
To appease their anger,
Just let them know that one day
They could...
They could throw it all away.

My mum's lost her peace of mind
Since she saw her son wearing stilettos.
Whereas my dad, in fact,
Stood out by his freedom.

And I pray
To break my anger
For what I'd need to do
Tomorrow I could
Throw it all away.

And I know, my brothers and sister,
How to appease our anger
What we'd need to do
Tomorrow we could
Throw it all away.

Original text by NICOLA SIRKIS translated from French by EY@EL
© La Pensine Mutine. All rights reserved. Reproduction prohibited.

Share:

No comments:

Featured Post

The Panther of the Lake

It's almost Halloween. On this occasion, I intended to repost an article by Alanna Ketler about what black cats actually symbolise and ...

Recent Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *