Revolution

Révolution

My young sister's scared,
She's torn all her dolls to rags.
My young sister's scared,
She's burnt all her notebooks to ashes.

My young sister's crying,
She's had her intimacy touched.
Our parents are separated,
There's nothing she can do inside her tin box.

And I know she's realised
What her life will be,
That any odd time
She could...
She could throw it all away.

My two brothers are at war,
Fully-armed by what lies ahead.
My two elder brothers are at war
Against the universe and the whole world.

And I don't know what else to do
To appease their anger,
Just let them know that one day
They could...
They could throw it all away.

My mum's lost her peace of mind
Since she saw her son wearing stilettos.
Whereas my dad, in fact,
Stood out by his freedom.

And I pray
To break my anger
For what I'd need to do
Tomorrow I could
Throw it all away.

And I know, my brothers and sister,
How to appease our anger
What we'd need to do
Tomorrow we could
Throw it all away.

Original text by NICOLA SIRKIS translated from French by EY@EL
© La Pensine Mutine. All rights reserved. Reproduction prohibited.

subscribe
Share:

No comments:

Guestbook

If you enjoy this blog, feel free to leave a comment in my guestbook.

Newsletter

Subscribe to my newsletter so you don’t miss any new posts..

Featured Post

The Missing 'I' of AI

AI: everyone knows what this acronym stands for by now. Since the introduction of ‘chatbots’, artificial intelligence has permeated ...

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *