Bring On the Night

As I was just saying yesterday and as I often say and will again, I love the night. The night and the stars have always been sources of inspiration and fascination for me. Into either darkness or moonlight, everything takes on a whole new dimension both so mysterious, ominous and exciting. A whole world wakes up while another falls asleep. At night, all polarities are reversed. Every limit, every boundary gets obscured, and oddly enough, everything becomes clearer. This wonderful song by Jim Guthrie is sheer bliss to me. It's so exhilarating I'd nearly play it for hours. I know I'm not the only one and hope it'll be the case for you as well. At least, those of you who've never been curious enough to listen to the playlist of the Soft Spots section (available on every page of this blog) which features an alternative version of this track by Tom Batista whom I'd like to thank for introducing me to this song and also because his cover is even better than the original, especially vocal-wise. One can really feel how much these lyrics mean to him.

For information, Jim Guthrie, the original singer and songwriter is a Canadian musician from Toronto. In the course of his twenty-year career, he's recorded about as many albums with three different bands and as a solo artist. He's also composed music for TV ads and video games , and has scored multiple films.

Ey@el

Drawn into this mystery
Another sunset
Heartbeat
Let darkness wash over me
Starry wonder
Beauty

Try to
Find you
Again
Close by
Moon sky
Comes back
To you

Anticipation grows
As the day turns tomorrow
Into the great unknown
Get lost
When the sun don't shine
What's yours
What's mine
Find out
What we already knew
We like darkness
Dark blue

Cover version by Tomas Batista

Original text by JIM GUTHRIE
© La Pensine Mutine. All rights reserved. Reproduction prohibited.

subscribe
Share:

No comments:

Guestbook

If you enjoy this blog, feel free to leave a comment in my guestbook.

Newsletter

Subscribe to my newsletter so you don’t miss any new posts..

Featured Post

The Missing 'I' of AI

AI: everyone knows what this acronym stands for by now. Since the introduction of ‘chatbots’, artificial intelligence has permeated ...

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *