The Armies of Closed Minds

As the late French comedian Coluche used to say, “You can’t make people blind without breaking their eyes”. Personally, I prefer omelettes—shells and all! Because, in the long run, spending your life watching every word you say, polishing every sentence, and strategically placing every comma with the right emojis, so as not to unleash a tsunami among fragile egos, is exhausting.

You know, the ‘self-centred’ individuals who feel ‘under attack’ by the slightest nuance of analysis, which they interpret as a full-scale assault on their little egos. You see, they’re obviously important enough in your ‘no-life’ for you to devote all your energy and attention to targeting them—you, the ‘agents of the Matrix’, the ‘know-it-alls’ or ‘whatever’, to keep it short.

The very same people who, incidentally, have absolutely no qualms about hammering their ‘truths’ home with all the delicacy of a 40-tonne lorry. It’s actually the big trend these days on social media: selective victimisation. The rule is simple: “I’ve got the right to criticise and trample all over your convictions, but you don’t.” The reasoning is straight out of the school playground. What about reciprocity? Never heard of it.

What a circus! And then there's the ringmaster. He runs the arena, makes the announcements, preaches kindness and listening, but as soon as a performance goes beyond compulsive ‘liking’, he wastes no time unleashing his beasts—his armies of closed minds.

French singer Jacques Dutronc had it right: “Life is full of cacti. I pride myself on knowing it. Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!”

I hope you enjoy this deceptively light-hearted little song with its tangy bite and the accompanying music video. I put my heart and soul into it without any help from AI (apart from the music, of course).

Les Armées Psychorigides

Spending your life walking on eggshells
Tiptoeing on self-righteous egos
Fragile
Fragile

Beating about the bush
Tying yourself up in knots
Agile
Agile

Out there on the web of social media
On my feed, I come crashing down
To the muffled echoes of the void
Of the armies of closed minds

Out there on the web of social media
Viral posts scroll by,
The unwavering mantras
Of the armies of closed minds

And on my tightrope
Suspended above these bubbles
Fragile
Fragile

Always playing the acrobat
Between humans and bots
Hostile
Hostile

Out there on the web of social media
On my feed, I endure the onslaught,
The insidious ravings
Of the armies of closed minds

Out there on the web of social media
I watch the dance of egos
From free-thinkers to guides
Of the armies of closed minds

Out there on the web of social media
On my feed, I come crashing down
To the muffled echoes of the void
Of the armies of closed minds

Out there on the web of social media
Viral posts scroll by,
The unwavering mantras
Of the armies of closed minds

© La Pensine Mutine. All rights reserved. Reproduction prohibited.

subscribe
Share:

No comments:

Guestbook

If you enjoy this blog, feel free to leave a comment in my guestbook.

Newsletter

Subscribe to my newsletter so you don’t miss any new posts..

Featured Post

The Armies of Closed Minds

As the late French comedian Coluche used to say, “ You can’t make people blind without breaking their eyes ”. Personally, I prefer ...

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *