Kill the Clocks

I had translated this poem from Karen Marie Moning's latest book to illustrate a themed article in French about time as part of a community project bringing bloggers together around a unique elected topic every month. Since most of my writings for the Eklabugs Project are essentially based on puns, colloquialisms and idiomatic expressions, I'm afraid they'll never be available in English. However, a reader enjoyed this piece so much and requested the original version so I thought I'd share it with you here as well. Enjoy!

Ey@el

Kill the clocks, those time-thieving bastards
Haunting every mantel, wrist, and wall
Incessantly screaming our time is gone
Marching to war with us all

Kill the clocks they remind me of people
I once met in passing that pushed me aside
To rush to their train or plane or bus
Never seeing where the true enemy lie

Kill the clocks before they've seduced you
Into existing as they do, in shadows of the past
Counting the days as they slip by us
Boxed into a world where nothing ever lasts

Kill the clocks and live in the moment
No cogs or gears can steal our now
When you laugh with me, time stands still
In that moment, I'm perfect somehow

Original text by KAREN MARIE MONING from Feverborn

Cover picture: Xetobyte

Share:

No comments:

Featured Post

The Panther of the Lake

It's almost Halloween. On this occasion, I intended to repost an article by Alanna Ketler about what black cats actually symbolise and ...

Recent Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *