The Cat and the Sun

The cat opened its eyes,
The sun came in.
The cat closed its eyes,
The sun stayed in.

That is why, at night,
When the cat wakes up,
In the dark I catch a glimpse
Of two pieces of sunshine.

Maurice Carême, l'Arlequin

A grunge digital scrap page based on a recent poor photo (shot behind a window) of my friend Meow during one of his unexpected visits. I just converted the picture to greyscale and applied a vignette effect with soft light and a mask for hand-drawn borders. The remainder was obtained with various brushes including eye recolouring.

© La Pensine Mutine. All rights reserved. Reproduction prohibited.

subscribe
Share:

No comments:

Guestbook

If you enjoy this blog, feel free to leave a comment in my guestbook.

Newsletter

Subscribe to my newsletter so you don’t miss any new posts..

Featured Post

The Armies of Closed Minds

As the late French comedian Coluche used to say, “ You can’t make people blind without breaking their eyes ”. Personally, I prefer ...

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *